I have been known to get a few stares for my crazy curly hair. When it rains, watch out, the frizz is out of control. Over the past few months I have been testing and trialling some DIY hair masks. For me it is important to have a cost-effective, non-toxic option for taming the wild. Conventional hair masks can cost a fortune but even worse, the ingredients are pretty scary. With most beauty products containing “fragrances”, you never know what you are getting. Touch my scalp with that garbage?! No thanks. No one needs chemicals leaching into your noggin!
This recipe was a success from day one. It is not heavy, so it is great for even thin hair and it does not leave a greasy after film like coconut masks often do. No curls? No problem. This combo is great for straight or wavy hair as well.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 2 Tbsps organic jojoba oil
- 5 drops doTERRA Sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops doTERRA Rosemary essential oil
- Add all ingredients into a stainless steel or glass bowl and whisk until combined
- Apply all over the scalp and hair, massaging gently
- Let the mask sit for 15-60 minutes then rinse with warm water and condition as usual