No matter how much we workout or how clean we eat, there are always uncontrollable factors that cause our bodies to be flooded with toxins. The good news is that there are several simple techniques for lowering toxic load, one being detox baths.
Detox baths help deliver beneficial minerals into the body, while gently pulling toxins out.
Some of the benefits include:
- Reducing inflammation
- Regulating enzyme activity
- Increasing immune function
- Improving absorption of nutrients
- Relaxing the nervous system and muscle fibres
- Promoting a good night’s sleep
Not only does baking soda help to neutralize chlorine in your tap water, but it can help soothe the skin, boost circulation, and cleanse or purify the body.
* Plain Epsom Salts
Most of us are deficient in magnesium and epsom salt baths are a great way to absorb the goodness that they provide. Magnesium deficiency is associated with high rates of heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, arthritis and joint pain, digestive maladies, stress-related illnesses, chronic fatigue and a number of other ailments. Who knew?! To read more about the many benefits of epsom salts, take a look at this article: LINK
* doTERRA Essential Oils – Obviously! Benefits will vary based on the essential oils you decide to use.
- Combine epsom salts, baking soda, and essential oils in a stainless steel or glass bowl
- Mix well and allow the oils to absorb into the salts
- Run a hot bath
- Add salts to hot bath and let sit for 5 minutes to allow the soda to neutralize the chlorine
- Soak that body!
Note: for children, half the below recommended adult recipes and consult the Natural Living safety guidelines for appropriate essential oils based on age ranges.
The following is a list of several combinations for specific situations, but feel free to explore whichever oil combinations your body is craving at the moment!